Health Carousel Philippines, Inc. (“HCPI”) recognizes and respects your privacy and will secure and keep confidential all personal and/or sensitive personal information that you may provide to HCPI or those which HCPI may collect from you.
- The social media accounts and/or pages that we control.
This Policy supplements other privacy policies currently practiced and enforced by HCPI.
This Policy does not apply to:
- The collection and use of your personal information by the companies that operate social media platforms through which HCPI maintains an account or page; or
- the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
The Information We Collect
A. Personally, Identifiable Information You Provide Us
HCPI receives and may store any personal information entered on its Sites. Depending upon the Site and context, this information may include the following (along with any other information you provide):
- Contact Information. Name, address, city/municipality, province, postal code, email address, and telephone number.
- Demographic Information. Date of birth, gender, occupation, employer, and country of origin.
- Owner Testimonials and Multimedia Submissions. On certain Sites, such as HCPI’s social media pages, you may choose to provide testimonials, upload pictures or videos, or otherwise provide personal information.
- HCPI Account Information. If you create an account on any Site, we collect information related to that account such as username, password, and answers to your security questions.
- Instant Messaging Information. Certain Sites may offer instant messaging features. If you sign up for such features, you are choosing to allow other instant messaging users to see that you are online. At your discretion, you may choose to share additional information with other users.
You can visit our Sites without sharing personal information; however, certain features and tools (such as the ability to file complaints, email video or picture hyperlinks, creation of account, inquiries, and application) may not be available unless the personal information is provided.
B. Information Provided in Connection with Employment Applications
We receive and may store personal information provided to HCPI when you apply for employment with HCPI or any of its programs on www.healthcarousel.ph or other Sites.
This information may include name, educational and employment background, contact information, medical profession credentials. You may choose to provide additional information, such as your resume or CV, preferred state, and/or area of specialization. You may also choose to provide this information by extracting it from another online location, such as Google, Yahoo, jobstreet.com, LinkedIn, WorkAbroad, or any social media account.
Your act of providing this information in connection with seeking employment with HCPI is voluntary and you determine the extent of the information you provide. Your decision not to provide such information may affect our ability to consider you for employment. This information is collected and is not shared except between HCPI and its affiliated companies such as partner vendors and facilities, as necessary for employment decisions.
C. Information We Collect Automatically
Device and Usage Information
We receive information from the devices (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) which you use to connect to our Sites. The information we receive from these devices may include the device’s IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, internet service provider, hardware model, operating system, and application version. When you use or interact with our Sites, we may also record certain information and store it in log files. This may include referring and exit pages, time and date stamps, search terms, and clickstream data.
We receive location information from the devices you use to connect to our Sites. Location information may be obtained through the use of geolocation features in your devices or through other methods such as using your IP address to identify your general geographic area or location.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
We may receive and store certain information about your browsing preferences or activities by using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. These technologies may be provided by third parties. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to help websites and applications recognize your browser. They help us provide you with customized services and may be used for interest-based advertisements or to associate you with social media sites. We may use both session cookies (disappear after you close your browser) and persistent cookies (remain after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use or connect to our Sites). Most web browsers allow you to modify your cookie settings; however, certain features of our Sites may not work properly if you disable cookies. Web beacons are transparent graphic pixels that are placed on web pages that enable us or a third party to track your actions on our Sites and deliver interest-based advertisements. More information regarding online tracking and interested-based advertising, including opt-out options is included below.
Social Media Widgets
Our sites and mobile applications include social media features connected with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and others. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Use of Information by HCPI
Except as otherwise limited in the Policy, we may use personal and anonymous information collected from the Sites in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- For the sole purpose of moving your US application forward, such as but not limited to; (a) endorsing your information to our partners and vendors for storage of documents/requirements, (b) NCLEX Processing, (c) Review and Assessment Exams, (d) IELTS Assessments and Examination, (e) booking of flights, and (f) processing of your car purchase upon deployment.
- To facilitate or fulfill the information, programs, and inquiries you have requested;
- To provide educational and/or training materials to you;
- To maintain customer relationships;
- To communicate with you about your application;
- For future marketing promotions, including advertisements tailored to your interests; and
- For internal business operations, including the improvement of our programs/services, data analytics, to personalize your experience and other normal business activities.
- Information obtained through our Sites may be merged with other information that is already known by HCPI.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
Except as otherwise limited in the Policy, we may share personal and anonymous information collected from the Sites as outlined in this section. In each instance, the sharing of information shall be covered by the corresponding Data Sharing Agreement and/or Outsourcing Agreement and/or Confidentiality / Non-Disclosure Agreement.
We may share the information we collect with our US Principal, Partner Facilities and Partner Vendor. These entities may use this information for everyday business purposes, including the purposes for which HCPI uses the information (outlined above).
We may share the information we collect with third parties that perform services on behalf of HCPI. Service providers may include companies that provide background character investigation, fulfillment, IT, marketing, survey, data analytic, data hygiene or other services on behalf of HCPI. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions.
Sensitive information as defined in Republic Act No. 10173 – The Data Privacy Act (including but not limited to race, marital status, age, social security number, tax identification number, health records) obtained via the Sites is shared only pursuant to your consent or to the extent necessary to process your application or fulfill your requests.
As Required by Law or Requested by Law Enforcement
We may share your personal information in response to a subpoena, civil investigative demand or request from a law enforcement agency, or to otherwise comply with applicable laws.
Changes in Corporate Structure or Bankruptcy
In the event that HCPI is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. We also may retain a copy of such information.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertisements
How You Can Opt-Out
If you do not wish to receive interest-based advertising, please send email to Marwin Dennis Galvez <email@example.com> (State Subject: Email Opt-Out Notice) which will enable you to opt-out of one or more interest-based advertising networks. Opt-outs are device and browser specific; therefore, you will need to set your opt-out preferences for each device and browser. Deleting browser cookies can remove your opt-out preferences. Please note that opt-outs only apply to interest-based advertising. You may still receive other types of online advertising.
We use, and require our service providers to use, a variety of procedural, technical, and physical controls to help protect your information. However, no security measure can be one hundred percent (100%) secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
We will never request your credit card number or other sensitive information through email. This practice, called “phishing”, is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for this information, do not respond. You might also consider updating your email filter settings to block emails from the domain from which the email was sent.
The Sites may contain links to third party websites including social media platforms. Please be aware that if you access these links, you will be leaving our site. We encourage users to read the privacy policies of those sites, as we are not responsible for their content, links, or privacy procedures.
HCPI Sites covered by this website are intended for Philippine residents only. If you are a resident of another country, please use the corresponding Health Carousel LLC or PassportUSA Sites. In the event that you provide any personal information on HCPI Sites, you consent to the transfer of such information across country borders, and to the use, processing, and disclosure of such information in global locations, including those that may have different levels of privacy protection than the Philippines.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (+632) 8 477 8811 local 166